Saturday, January 30, 2016

You Are Good.

Yesterday at the hospital I was feeding dad some chocolate ice cream.  He had asked me to get some to help with the gritty taste of the salt tablets he has to take.  Lisa, my sister, and I were joking that he asked ME to get it because he calls me the 'food pusher".  I am always offering him food and drink and  tempt him with all kinds of offers.  I laughed while spooning in the relieving chocolatey goodness that in this journey I've also been known as the tailgater (because dad had joked that I ride to close in traffic), the bully (because I hassle nurses if they don't get what dad needs pretty quick!) the snorer (because when I stay with dad he can hear me snore even WITHOUT his hearing aids...) and I saw dad's eyes start to get sad and a tear ran down his cheek.

He said "No Chris - YOU ARE GOOD".  It broke my dad's heart to hear me cut myself down.  No truer emotions have ever cut me deeper.  My daddy loves me, I have no doubt.  And he is proud of me, I know because he told me, and I've overheard him speak of me to others. He is pleased with me. He even told me one night, when I was talking about a dilemma I was dealing with, "Chris you are so wise."  Now that one might have been the morphine, but I'll take it.  

My point is this.  Do you talk down to yourself? Are you constantly picking at your weaknesses and failures?  Instead of celebrating your awesomeness? We are all unique and special in our own ways. And when you are down on yourself and you point out your least favorite attributes, your Heavenly Father sheds a tear.  It breaks his heart.  He loves the way He made you.  You are precious in His sight. 

I know my daddy will never hear me talk down about myself again.  
Don't let your Heavenly Father catch you doing it either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment